The Frequently Asked Questions while choosing a Keurig
As we review Keurig, we have received hundreds questions around Keurig from users. So we would like to create this writing to collect some of the most common questions asked along with proper answers for each. Keep reading!
- 1 Q: Where to find serial number on Keurig?
- 2 Q: How to turn on the Keurig coffee maker?
- 3 Q: What are K cups?
- 4 Q: How to make a cappuccino with a Keurig?
- 5 Q: Can I stop the machine between the brewing process?
- 6 Q: Can I make hot cocoa with Keurig?
- 7 Q: Does Keurig come with some different brewers?
- 8 Q: Can I use Keurig to make iced-drinks?
- 9 Q: What kinds of tea that Keurig offer?
- 10 Q: What accessory comes with Keurig as a present?
- 11 Q: How many cup sizes are there in Keurig K45?
- 12 Q: What is the capacity of the water reservoir on the Keurig K75?
- 13 Q: How is the Keurig K10 measured?
- 14 Q: How to sign up for deals with Keurig?
- 15 Q: Where to buy a Keurig brewer?
- 16 Q: How many cup sizes are there on the Keurig Elite Brewing system?
- 17 Q: How often should I clean my Keurig?
Q: Where to find serial number on Keurig?
A: K-cup home brewing system has serial number located behind the drip tray or on the bottom of the brewer while Vue brewer shows it behind the water reservoir.
Q: How to turn on the Keurig coffee maker?
A: In general, there is button for both “on’ and “off” function and when the unit is “on” the button will light up. Simply press that button as direction shown on it, as the light is on, the machine is on.
Also, there are some other buttons that allow starting the brewing. Just press the one you like basing on how strong you want the brew to be.
Q: What are K cups?
A: The K-Cup is a term introduced by Keurig Green Mountain to describe their single-serve brewing capsule. It can be identified via the foil-lined and ringed design and a plastic cup. Some new designs now no longer come with plastic cup but still have the plastic ring with foil lid. Green Mountain names their products K-Cup® Packs, but most users call them K-Cups. So if you hear either of them, it refers to the same thing.
Q: How to make a cappuccino with a Keurig?
A: Here are steps to make a cappuccino with a Keurig.
Cappuccino-flavored packet, Water and Coffee mug
- Connect the unit with the power outlet and turn it on. Open the lid to add water into the water reservoir until it alerts “Fill Water Reservoir” on the display. Put the lid back
- Pull out the handle to have “K-Cup” holder open. Put a cappuccino “K-cup” into the holder, be careful or you will hurt yourself with the two sharp needles inside
- Close the “K-Cup” by lowering the handle. Insert a coffee cup under the brew spout to catch the later-made cappuccino
- Choose your desired “Brew Size”, and then press “Brew” button to begin the coffee process
- Wait until the “Keurig Brewed Enjoy” lights up on the display panel
- Lift the handle up and carefully get the used cappuccino packet
- Get the coffee mug of recently-made cappuccino from the drip plate and enjoy
Q: Can I stop the machine between the brewing process?
A: Definitely. You can pause the machine while making a brewing by pressing and holding the power button for a second. Some users choose to pull out the brew handle to stop the machine, but we not recommend as this can cause burns.
Q: Can I make hot cocoa with Keurig?
A: Yes. Rather an coffee, Keurig brewers allow you to make a wide range of hot beverages like hot tea and hot cocoa. For better performance, you can invest in a collection of hot cocoa K-cups, such as milk chocolate hot cocoa, or dark chocolate, etc.
Q: Does Keurig come with some different brewers?
A: of course. Keurig comes with a wide range of brewer styles to meet your real demands, whether to use at office or at home, whether to serve a single person (mini sized items) or a group of people (larger sized items).
Q: Can I use Keurig to make iced-drinks?
A: Yes, you can. Keurig is not designed to make hot drinks only, it can serve you with iced drinks also. To make your favorite iced drinks, you can buy some K-cups which are supposed to make iced drinks such as sweet tea, lemonade or French vanilla iced coffee.
Q: What kinds of tea that Keurig offer?
A: Keurig introduces various tea brands, which are Cafe Escapes, Tazo, Celestial Seasonings, Lipton, Twinings of London, Tetley, Bigelow, and Timothy’s.
Q: What accessory comes with Keurig as a present?
A: Keurig claims to offer some products as presents as you buy the machine. Beside coffee sampler packs and gift certificates, you also have chance to get parts like coffee mugs, additional filters, drink tumblers, carafes, K-Cup storage units, sugar shakers, etc.
Q: How many cup sizes are there in Keurig K45?
A: The Keurig K45 introduces three different cup sizes, including 6, 8 or 10 ounce. In addition, it has a 48-ounce-water reservoir and a charcoal filter. Also, a large removable drip tray is available for larger travel mugs.
Q: What is the capacity of the water reservoir on the Keurig K75?
A: The water reservoir on the Keurig K75 can hold up to 72 ounces of water. It allows you to choose any of 5 cup sizes, including 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce. If you want a single cup unit, its measures are 13 inches x 10.3 inches x 13.8 inches (H x W x D).
Q: How is the Keurig K10 measured?
A: The dimensions of The Keurig K10 MINI Plus Brewing System are 10.8 inches x 6.9 inches x 10.7 inches (H x W x D). It is small in comparison with some of the other brewers Keurig. It can include an amount of water to brew a cup of 6, 8, or 10 ounces.
Q: How to sign up for deals with Keurig?
A: To do this, first access the Keurig website where you will be asked to enter in some of your personal information for identifications, including your first name, last name, email address, then click the “Sign Up” button to complete your register. Once your register is accepted, you will start get deals and coupons from Keurig.
Q: Where to buy a Keurig brewer?
A: You can access Keurig’s official website to order the product, if not, you can buy it in some major retailers, including K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, Sears and Macy’s.
Q: How many cup sizes are there on the Keurig Elite Brewing system?
A: The Keurig Elite brewing system introduces three different cup sizes. You can select cups of ten ounce , eight ounce or six ounce of beverages. Especially, this machine comes with a larger reservoir system of 48 ounce, so you do not have to add water every brewing time.
Q: How often should I clean my Keurig?
A: Maintaining the machine properly by cleaning it regularly is the key to have it worked effectively and durably. And the proper frequency of clean your Keurig is every 3 to 6 months. To support this process, Keurig introduces a descaling product for removing scale as well as calcium deposits. You can use some other liquid to clean the machine but product introduced by Keurig will help to claim good tasting and perfect coffee.
Above are some of the most asked questions along with answer for each when it comes to using a Keurig coffee maker. Hope that you can learn many new things.