Best Coffee Grinder for French Press
If you are intending to buy a (the best) coffee grinder for your French Press, then you should really take a look at this honest buying guide. Here you will be provided with the most essential information when it comes to buying a coffee grinder for a French press.
Coffee Grinder for French Press overview
Known as a high-reward but low-cost coffee maker, French press has caught attention of thousands of coffee maker users all over the world. In spite of that awareness, many of us do not know that the great things of fine coffee that this machine gives are independent of the grinder it uses.
The best Coffee Grinder for French Press is simply the one that can grind a coarse consistently enough. To gain this, you should make coffee particles in certain and proper size because the wide ranges of chunks can weaken the brew. Similarly, too much fines can make your coffee into sludge. In other words, the best grind for your French Press should be somewhat finer than steel cut oats. However, there are a lot of coffee grinders in the markets now which satisfies that standard while varying in models, working mechanisms and price as well. So how to get the best one for yourself is a big concern. And the following parts of my article will help you solve it. Let’s discover!
Features to consider when it comes to buying a Coffee Grinder for French Press
There are some factors you should take into accounts for the best best grinder for your French press. And here are some of them:
This is the primary feature to consider before investing in a grinder French Press. So first, check the item to know whether it is consistent enough. If not, do not hope for a perfect cup of coffee with your French Press.
Besides the consistence requirement consistence, a good Coffee Grinder for French Press should also meet the cleanliness requirement. Specifically, the grinder needs to be able to expel the grinds rather than just retain them. If the grinders of the former batch are left, the coffee flavor of the next one will be affected. So for really fine coffee, ensure that your grinder is able to not only expels most of the grinds itself, but also easy to clean after each use.
Static electricity is another common issue to consider when it comes to electric coffee grinders. So the model you choose should be able to produce as little static as possible. Is there any other options? Yeah, of course, you can think of a hand Coffee Grinder for French Press. It can work as well as an electric unit in many cases in many cases. And it, of course, makes far less static than its electric fellows.
Finally, make sure that the grinds made by your grinders are in proper size to your French Press. On the scale from one to ten for the finest grinds and the coarsest grinds, French Press is normally at a seven. However, this number is not the same among the machines. So it will take you time to try and make error before finding the right settings for your own machine.
Top 10 Best Coffee Grinder for French Press
KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades
- It is a coffee and spice grinder, running at the power of 200-watt
- It comes with a large grinding capacity, which is able to contain up to 12 cups of coffee one brewing time
- It is able to grinds up to 3 ounces of coffee beans within seconds
- It has an oval design and stainless-steel blades, claiming uniform grinding
- It is able to deal with a wide ranges of ingredients, like coffee beans, nuts, spices, grains and more
- It comes with a switch for safe lid activation and easy use
Best manual grinder for french press?
Manual Coffee Grinder with Adjustable Conical Ceramic Burr
- It is a standard manual coffee burr grinder with new solid hand crank
- It offers a gift package with tool for easy using, including a User-manual in PDF, a stainless steel coffee spoon with clip and a Wooden cleaning brush
- It is easy to use, adjust and maintain
- It offers a 100 % Money-Back Guarantee
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
- It is a stylishly styled, heavy-duty, programmed coffee grinder
- It works with the burr grinding mechanism, resulting in uniform grounds and ideal flavor
- It offers 18 different position grind, from fine to coarse
- The slide dial offers options between 4 and 18 cups
- It is made to meet the North American Electrical Standard
- It is measured 6.00″” x 7.13″” x 10.75″”
DeLonghi Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder with Grind Selector and Quantity Control
- The grinder allows you to make identical ground texture for the most constant products thanks to the burr grinding wheel
- You are free to choose your favourite grind setting: course, medium, or fine
- You can choose to grind between 4 and 12 cup of coffee every brewing, using quantity control knob. Once the grinding is done, the machine itself shuts off
- It makes condition for easy access to ground coffee thanks to the removable ground coffee container
- It looks stylish and has a durable stainless steel exterior
Porlex JP-30 Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder
- It is a ceramic conical burrs with extensive range, allowing from powder grind to French Press
- It is able to contain 30 gram of content
- It has a stainless steel and static free body
- It is 47mm diameter and 178mm tall
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder
- Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder is able to work with a wide range of coffee bean and meet users’ various demands, from Turkish fine to coarse and is an ideal choice to every kind of coffee preparation.
- It has a clearly marks on fineness settings. There are 4 different levels for you to choose from, including extra fine, fine, regular and coarse
- It has advanced-designed commercial grade solid conical steel burrs which claim high precision grinding
- The gear reduction motor promise little noise and minimum static build-up
- The upper conical burr is removable, making it easier to clean
- It is well-matched to the ground coffee container and able to contain as many as 4 oz. of ground coffee
- Timer is possible, between 5 and 60 seconds
- Cleaning brush and measuring scoop are also included
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Bin
- With 40 different grind settings, ranging from fine to coarse, this grinder is well-matched with every palate
- The powerful DC motor claims to keep your beans always cool, even during extended grind times. At the same time, the electric and gear speed reducers work together to slow down the burr to 450 RPM, resulting in a smooth bean feed and minimizing noise, heat and static buildup
- The convenient, front-mounted pulse button allows you to adjust the machine to get your desired result. Whether you want an espresso grinder or a grinder to explore that wide-ranging brew methods, the Encore is worth considering
- Some important data: Weight: 7 lbs. (3.1kg); measurements: 12x35x16 cm (WxHxD); grinding speed: 0.8 to 1.1g/sec.; Bean Hopper Volume: 8 oz (227g); Grounds Bin Volume: 5 oz. (142 g);
Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel
- Breville BCG820BSSXL has a special stainless Steel conical burrs to reduce grinding heat and maintain the vital oils in the coffee bean
- It offers up to 60 exact grind settings, from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind, for you to choose from
- The addition of the Precision Electronic Timer makes it possible for you to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose
- It is able to contain 16oz of coffee bean. The locking system is also equipped for easy removal, storage, and transmission of the bean hopper
- It allows direct grind into grinds container, port filter, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
Baratza Virtuoso – Conical Burr Coffee Grinder (with Bin)
- Burrs: Produced in Europe, the Virtuoso’s 40 mm conical burrs can grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec., according to your own setting. More importantly, these burrs can make very uniform grinds
- Gearbox: This part was added in 2012. With the capacity of GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly supported the drive transmission while reducing noise
- Grind Adjustment: The grinder offers 40 different settings for you to adjust between fine for espresso and coarse for French Press. The grind range is between 250 and 1200 microns
- Grinds Left in Grinder: This feature helps to maximize the freshness of the beans
- Timer Switch: The grinder allows you to set a time of 60 seconds, using segmented graphics
Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
- Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky is a powerful grinder with 50mm commercial grade grinding burrs
- It allows direct grind into the portal filter for simple process
- The powerful 166-watt direct drive claims a quiet operation
- The tinted hopper offers a capcity of 0.65lb, making sure that there will be always enough ingredients to serve your demand
- The grinder adjustment control is variable to meet your various demands
Ok, here above are all of basic things you need to be clear when it comes to choosing the best grinder for your French press. In fact, each product majors in certain aspects with specific strengths and few limitations, of course. So please identify your own conditions then check the products carefully to come to the best choice in the end.