Best Drip Coffee Maker
- 1 Introduction To Drip Coffee Makers
- 2 Buyers’ Guide
- 3 Top 10 Best Drip Coffee Maker On The 2018 Market
- 3.0.1 Under $50: Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker, Programmable Brewstation Summit Dispensing Coffee Machine (48464)
- 3.0.2 Under $100: Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cup Programmable Cofeemaker (Black/Silver)
- 3.0.3 Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe
- 3.0.4 Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer, Stainless Steel
- 3.0.5 Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker, 10 Cup, Stainless Steel/Black
- 3.0.6 BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer, Black
- 3.0.7 Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Brushed Metal
- 3.0.8 Moccamaster KBG 741 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Glass Carafe, Polished Silver
- 3.0.9 Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
- 3.0.10 BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black
- 4 Frequently-Asked Questions About Drip Coffee Makers
- 5 Final Words
Introduction To Drip Coffee Makers
Drip coffee brewing system is simple but offers great result. It works in the way that the water is heated before getting through the coffee filter where there is absorb of the aroma, oils and caffeine. While it has mild taste, drip coffee includes more caffeine compared to espresso one. This phenomenon happens due to the fact that the water is kept in contact with the grounds for a longer time.
This system is also easy to use. Plus, it has glass or thermal carafes along with non-stick warming plates which make sure that drip coffee will be still warm in spite of long time after brewing process. More importantly, up to your models, having automatic shut-off or freshness indicator, your machine will offers alert when brewing process is finished.
Currently, there have been dozen drip coffee makers which are in a range of models, quality and prices, which make choosing the best drip coffee machine a hard work. And it is the motivation for us to create this best Drip coffee maker reviews, providing you with the useful knowledge when it comes to choosing a drip coffee brewer and finally help you find the best drip coffee machine for yourself.
As I said when it comes to other coffee makers (Single cup coffee maker, Espresso coffee maker…), No matter what drip models you want, there are some basic things that you need to consider before making the final investment so that you will have your satisfactory coffee making item.
As I said earlier, drip coffee machines are various in models and design, so consider to choose the one which meets your demands most. For instance, if you intend to brew one cup of coffee everyday, choose the small one-cup item, do not think of the one which offers up to 12 cups at once. Besides, you can make choices of the availability or not of some other features, such as brewing pause which allows the machine to sneak a cup during the brewing, or a water filter which claims better-tasting coffee as well as minimize scale buildup. In term of water filter, you can consider between permanent filters and paper filters. So take the design into consideration to make sure that you gain the item of the best design.
Convenience And Security
After being sure about your desired design, you had better consider the matter of convenience and safety. It is optional that many best rated coffee machines come with function of automatic shut-off which will be able to automatically shut off after brewing, so your house will be in good protection, regardless of the fact that you are in hurry to do other work. In term of convenience, the producer also offers some features. You can choose to receive alerts when the brewing is finished, know how much water is available, set the brewing time, so on.
In general, the choice of carafe depends on your own preferred taste. Some people prefer glass carafes which allow keeping the coffee warm with the heater plate, some others love an insulated thermal carafe which allows keeping the coffee warm itself.
Warranty And Support
In fact, the every product comes with support, via email or telephone, which claims to be helpful and effective. However, the warranty period is different among the machines, general between one and three years. So if warranty is another matter to consider before making real selection.
Former users review on the product is one of the most reliable source of information to be clear about the product you are about to buy. So read through different reviews from former users to check what the product is good and not very good, what aspects the product meets your demands and what aspect it doesn’t, so that you will be able to finish the journey with the best drip coffee machine ever.
Top 10 Best Drip Coffee Maker On The 2018 Market
Below are short reviews about 10 top rated machines on the market now.
Under $50: Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker, Programmable Brewstation Summit Dispensing Coffee Machine (48464)
- The machine is designed with one-hand dispensing, which claims no carafe, no pouring and no spills as well.
- It allows you to use favorite ground coffee
- You can choose to brew several cups and dispense one fresh cup at once.
- It has flexible brewing options, you can choose your preferred flavors among bold, regular, iced-coffee or small-batch options
- The auto shut off features is programmed, it is customizable I the range between 0 and 4 hours.
- It has no parts made of glass, so you never have to worry about breaking another glass carafe
- The dedicate warming heater helps to maintain the temperature of the coffee
- The timer is adjustable
- It is measured: 15.16 x 8.19 x 11.03 (H x W x D)
Under $100: Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cup Programmable Cofeemaker (Black/Silver)
- The coffee maker is designed with classic brushed metal design. It has a 12-Cup carafe with ergonomic handle, ensuring comfortable and dripless pouring
- It has brew pause feature, allowing you to enjoy coffee as you want, rather than have to wait until the brewing is finished.
- The adjustable heater plate at three levels, low, medium and high allows you to adjust the coffee in the temperature you want.
- It offers advanced brewing start of up to 24 hours, a programmed auto shutoff between 0 and 4 hours and a 1- to 4-Cup feature which is helpful when you want to make less than 5 cups.
- It comes with both charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter to make sure that only the fresh coffee flavor can flow through
- Measuring scoop and instruction book are also included.
- It is manufactured basing on electrical standards of North America
- This brewing system is a one-touch brewing machine with auto-off
- It has a powerful and exact 1500-watt heater to keep the ideal brewing temperature between 195 Degree and 205 DegreeF
- It offers pre-infusion mode to wet freshly-roasted ground coffee for degassing before brewing
- It has a flat-bottomed filter basket and a big showerhead, allowing supporting saturation and maintaining extraction.
- It has a long-lasting stainless steel set along the thermal carafe
- Descaling is recommended after 100 uses
Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker, 10 Cup, Stainless Steel/Black
- It has a 10-cup carafe which helps to keep coffee warm for hours after brewing is finished
- The water tank is removable for easy filing at your source of water
- The thumb activated pouring ensures smooth serving and warm coffee for hours
- The brewing temperature stays at the level of more than 200 degrees f, allowing you to extract the most flavor
- The automated clean cycle is included, making it much easier to clean and ensuring fresh tasting coffee
BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer, Black
- The brewing system allows you to brew from 4 to 10 cups (or 20 to 50 oz.) at once and within the short time of about 3 minutes
- It has a double wall and vacuum insulated thermal carafe, claiming to keep coffee warm within 2 hours after brewing is done
- The special spray head guarantees even and complete extraction of coffee flavor
- The interior hot water tank which is made of stainless still makes sure that water will be always at 200 Degree F- ideal brewing temperature
- The double-wall carafe design makes the product more durable and safe to dishwasher
Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Brushed Metal
- This machines is able to dispense one cup thanks to an easy-to-read actuator
- It is fully programmed with 24-hour advance brew start
- It introduces features of programmable auto-shutoff as well as self-clean
- The coffee reservoir is removable and in dual wall and the water reservoir is removable
- It offers charcoal water filter and enduring gold-tone coffee filter which makes sure that only the freshest coffee flavor can flow through
- The measuring scoop and instruction book are also included
- It is measured: 4-1/2 x 9 x 8-1/2 inches
- It has a warranty of 3 years
Moccamaster KBG 741 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Glass Carafe, Polished Silver
- This is an auto drip-stop brew-basket with glass carafe
- It has parts like: an exclusive auto-adjusting part, a dual-phase part, and hot-plate parts, which all work together to keep the brewing temperature at the ideal levels between 176 degree-185 degree and automatically shut off after 100 minutes
- It allows you to brew a full carafe within as short time as 6 minutes
- It works at consistent temperature of 196 degree and 205 degree f, along with a pulse action which guarantees perfect coffee during extraction process
- It introduces 5-year warranty
Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
- This is a completely- automatic coffee brewer with the programmability of 24 hours
- It is a 12-cup carafe, along with handy and convenient handle, dripless spout, and knuckle guard as well
- It offers 1- 4 cup setting
- Brew pause, self cleaning and 60-second reset features are also included
- It also introduces two filters, one for charcoal water and the other for coffee filter
- It has measuring scoop and manual book
- It is built, meeting electrical standards of North American
BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black
- The machine is able to offer between 4 and 10 cups ( or 20 to 50 oz.) at once within 3 minutes
- This is a new Pour-O-Matic Drip
- It has a special sprayhead, which claims even and maximum coffee flavor extraction
- The internal hot water tank is made of stainless steel, which helps to maintain water at perfect brewing temperature of 200 Degree F
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
Frequently-Asked Questions About Drip Coffee Makers
As more and more people use drip coffee brewers, there are more questions raised about it. This part is to show you some of frequently-asked questions about these machines, along with reliable and proven answers so that you yourself can handle the machine with ease and success.
How To Clean My Coffee Maker?
Consider safety the prior factor when it comes to cleaning coffee maker. So, before start you process, make sure that your machine is non-electric connected, remove it from the outlet and lay it down on the flat, a table, for instance. After that, take out the filter basket, decanter lid and permanent filter (some items may not include this part), then clean them with hot water and mild liquid soap.
Some dishwasher –safe parts: filter basket, permanent filter and glass decanter and lid.
Undiswasher-safe part: water filter
Why There Is Leaking At the Bottom Of My Machine?
There are some possible reasons for this issue, so here are solutions:
- Make sure that your brew basket is completely closed
- Always put your filter in its correct place
- Ensure that the reservoir is correctly set up
- Do not pour too much water into the water reservoir.
- Contact the customer care service if the problem is not solved after do all checking above.
Why My Drip Brewer Is Slower Than It Is Usually?
The heating part in your machine can get clogged with mineral deposit if you use hard water, making your machine slower. To solve this, make a brewing cycle with vinegar. The acetic acid in the vinegar will reacts with the clogged pieces and remove it. Vinegar is recommended removing all sediments, scale and clogs.
Why Doesn’t My Coffee Maker Work?
First of all, check to make sure that your machine is connecting with the electricity source and the water reservoir contains water. If they are ok but your machine isn’t working, clean it.
Why Is My Machine Overflowing?
Some of possible causes and solutions for this issue include:
- If you are running your machine and you have just taken out the decanter, then your machine will overflow. In this case, reinstall the decanter immediately after removing it. Remember to put it at the center and directly under the brew basket.
- During brewing, the filter can become fold over. So check and install it in right place: in the brew basket.
- Using too much ground coffee can also cause overflowing. So only use ground coffee which is grounded for drip coffee brewer.
These are the most common questions that we have run into and the solutions are proven and have helped a lot of users solve the problems. So if you are facing any of this, follow instructions for best solutions. In case you have some more ideas, do not hesitate to share us so that all of us can make the best use of wonderful drip coffee system.
Ok, here is all what you need to know when it comes to investing in a good drip coffee maker. Read it carefully and I believe that you will soon own the Best drip coffee maker ever. Are you ready?