Best Espresso Machine
- 1 Short Introduction To Espresso Machine
- 2 How Is An Espresso Maker Different From A Coffee Maker?
- 3 Benefits Of Espresso Machine
- 4 What To Consider When It Comes To Buying An Espresso Machine?
- 5 Top 5 Best Home Espresso Machine of 2018
- 5.0.1 Under $100: Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker, Black
- 5.0.2 Under $600: Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- 5.0.3 Under $300: Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker with Automatic milk frother, BVMC-ECMP1000
- 5.0.4 Under $400: Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel
- 5.0.5 Under $700: Capresso 118.05 EC PRO Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
- 6 Top 5 Popular Espresso Machine On The 2017 – 2018 Market
- 6.0.1 Under $800: KRUPS XP1000 Steam Espresso Machine with Frothing Nozzle for Cappuccino
- 6.0.2 Under $50: KONA French Press Coffee Tea & Espresso Maker, Black 34oz Teapot ~ Best Present Idea For Gifts
- 6.0.3 Under $500: Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- 6.0.4 Under $1000: DeLonghi ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine
- 6.0.5 Under $200: Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
- 7 Final Words
Short Introduction To Espresso Machine
As revealed in its name, the integral principle of making nice-tasting espresso is the supply of heated water to brew with and the formation of steam for nice milky beverages. However, the capacity of providing these two principles varies among different espresso machine types, making confusion and difficulty when it comes to choosing the best machine; especially there are so many choices of espresso machines available on the market now. My complete Best Espresso machine Reviews today will address some of the basic points when it comes to investing in an Espresso Machine. You are claimed to get basic knowledge about this machine kind and be able to choose correct machine for yourself. Ok, let’s start!
How Is An Espresso Maker Different From A Coffee Maker?
These two kinds of machines are similar in some ways. Even, there has been a question like: “can we make espresso with a coffee maker (including all kinds of coffee makers, like Drip coffee maker, single cup coffee maker…)?”. This part will show you the differences between the two machines.
At a first look, these two machine kinds seem to be the same and work in the same way, but in fact, they are different. It is easy to recognize in its name that espresso machine is supposed to brew espresso and coffee maker is supposed to make coffee.
Unlike coffee makers, an espresso maker uses very finely ground coffee, as a result, it is able to do brewing within a short time. A coffee maker, on the other hand, requires a longer brewing time because its ingredients are not necessary to be fine.
An espresso maker needs high pressure so that the water can go through the coffee quickly, making sure about the best resulting taste. Coffee makers, in contrast, use less pressure.
It is easier to use a coffee maker because it is more automatic in comparison with the latter which is either driven by steam or even semi-automatic. There are also fully automatic espresso machines but they are at higher price. Plus, thanks to the simplicity in using, coffee makers do not require as many skills to work as espresso machines.
Espresso machines are able to make creamier coffee than coffee makers do, caused by the particle size. Particles used in coffee makers are often in medium size and not forced at high pressure, but those used in espresso are known as crema which is made as boiling water is quickly forced through the fine particles at a high pressure.
Because of simpler design, a coffee maker is somehow easier to clean then a espresso machine. This is really a benefit as most of us like fresh cup of coffee.
Coffee makers do not require very fine bean so it do not require time to grind the coffee beans. Espresso, in contrast, need very fine coffee particles for a good outcome.
Finally, a coffee maker can be adjusted to brew some different coffee types while espresso is suitable for making espresso only.
Benefits Of Espresso Machine
Making espresso is really a delicate and complicated procedure. It includes 2 steps: to extract hot water via tightly ground and to tightly pack coffee and takes almost one ounce and a half of hot water. In the end, the resulting coffee should be thick and in dark brown and include some foam on top, which sometimes is called crema. In fact, each company or shop makes espresso in a different way, so to have espresso of your preference; it is the best to a machine of your own at home. Rather than preferred espresso, what more a home espresso machine can benefit you? Let’s take a look at the below information.
Investing in an espresso brewing system will save you money in long term. You can easily realize this when making a small comparison between the total amounts of money you spend weekly or monthly with that you spend on a new machine. All of you need for perfect espresso is a proper machine, your preferred coffee, hot enough water and some minutes. Plus, the making process is short, resulting in small amount of money for electricity bill. At a closer look, this machine will save you money on not only actual coffee but also on the petrol, time and effort which you spend going to a physical coffee shop. So it is money-saving enough?
What do you think about enjoying fresh espresso drink every day at the comfort of your own house? This is great, right? Rather than have to run to a coffee shop for espresso, with an espresso maker at home, you can now enjoy espresso of your preference whenever you want. This is also great to serve guest. Serving fresh espresso in the comforts of your house is a luxury kind that coffee fans will certainly feel thankful for. How convenient it is!
Owning an espresso brewer at home means that you can renew your morning coffee, relax to some extents. For example, you are habitual to have espresso in the early morning before doing some other works, but today you are too busy to do that. So you can have it latter when you are ready because the espresso brewing system is already in your house. Or rather than enjoy drink outside with friends at the weekends, you can have espresso with your beloved family members while watching TV. Great? Such changes are worth experiencing comforting to a person.
All in all, espresso is a popular and preferred kind of drink all over the world, many people even consider it as a daily drink. So it is a smart choice to invest in an espresso brewer for espresso making at home. Why do you have to run to a coffee shop and pay more money while you can make your own espresso drink in the comforts of your own home?
What To Consider When It Comes To Buying An Espresso Machine?
Choosing the best machine can be a hard work. There have been a wide range of models at different prices and styles, so it is difficult to know which one meets your requirements most. And for the most part, which one is able to make great coffee? The following consideration will help you classify the models and choose the most suitable item for yourself.
Espresso Machine Types
There are currently three main espresso maker types, namely: Semi-automatic/Automatic Espresso Machines, Super-Automatic Espresso Machines, Coffee Pod Machines. Each type introduces a different experience of coffee making and requires different ability to make coffee. The two lastly-named types require at least knowledge about barista and the two firstly-named ones at least common knowledge about espresso extraction and milk steaming methods. There is also another type called “manual espresso machines,” but they are not very common.
You should be clear about how long the espresso maker can work before deciding to invest in it. Normally, a specialized-grade unit can work during day without having to sop to malfunction. The small and cheaper one, on the other hand, may break become overheated when being used in a long time. The reason of such difference is due to the ability to handle pressure of the machine. The more pressure the machine can handle, the better it works. Plus, if there is an external grinder packed along, check to know how much coffee beans the machine is able to hold. Information like how much water the tank can include and how many espresso cups can be made in each brewing session should be also known. In conclusion, if you have high demand on this drink, then you should invest in professional machine.
Espresso makers introduce two grinding types: built-in grinder or separate one. The built-in grinder comes with more expensive machine only. And the separate grinder must be separated bought for cheaper maker which doesn’t include the built-in grinder. If you often need to make drink for some people at the same time, then consider the unit of higher capacity grinder.
At another points, although coffee grinders are more convenient, you need to check whether or not you want to store ground coffee in the bin after grinding. This is an added step because some units are designed to be able to release the grinds into the basket without your further action.
A normal espresso maker is able to contain a proper amount of water to brew 8 cups of espresso at once. If you need more than that amount, your demands are rated to be too high. Additionally, some models include water container with a small pouring spout. And these machines are often in small size for a further funnel.
In cases of big and high-end espresso machines, there is link with water source, similar to the way a refrigerator links with a water dispenser. If you intend to buy such machines, check whether or not you need a rerouted piping for smooth connection. However, such machines are basically designed for commercial uses.
Beside the main product of espresso, espresso makers are supposed to allow making espresso-based beverages like cappuccinos, lattes, macchiatos. But this function is only done when a frother is available. This is the reason why you need to check the availability of a frother when purchasing a machine of multiple functions. In fact, the frother is available in most machines, apart from some cheap-priced items. So the advice for those who want to enjoy different kinds of espresso-based beverage is to consider the more professional one.
Ease Of Cleaning
Checking how easy it is to do cleaning, or in other words, to disassemble and assemble the machine. Cleaning is a simple work, but if not done regularly, your machine will soon lose its original capacity.
The parts like water receptacle, frothing part, cups, and the other ones which are often exposed to moisture should be always rinsed properly after use.
Plus, the soap used to clean should also be chosen, otherwise your espresso can taste bad.
Ease Of Storage
The ease of storage is another factor to consider when it comes to buying an espresso maker, especially if you do not use it daily. Consider the space you plan to use for storage then choose the item of proper size. A big item is hard to keep safe as they are normally heavy.
Top 5 Best Home Espresso Machine of 2018
Below is a quick look at 10 top rated espresso machines. Here you will get to know the overview and main features building up the final product you see.
Under $100: Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker, Black
- This machine allows easy capsules insertion and ejection
- It is supposed to deal with capsules of Nespresso coffee only
- It is designed with technology of compact brewing unit
- It doesn’t take much time for you to complete a brewing, just 25 seconds for preheating and about one minute for brewing
- There are up to pumps of 19 Bar high pressure for you to choose from
- It offers 2 programmable buttons: Espresso or lungo preparation
- The water tank is as big as 24 ounce
- The foldable cup tray allows you to include tall serving glasses
- The capsule container is able to hold between 9 and 11 used capsules
- It is energy-saving
- The features of automatic power off automatically functions after 9 minutes of inactivity
Under $600: Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- The machine is designed with 15 different Bar Italian Pump and up to 1600W Thermo coil heating system
- It performs, basing on the purge function. It means that after stream, the machine itself is able to automatically adjust water temperature to satisfy temperature of espresso extraction
- It includes a conical burr grinder of stainless steel with capacity of 1/2 lb. sealed bean hopper
- It has a removable water tank of 67 fl.oz (2L), with handle
- It is an innovative model of the Breville BES860XL Barista Express
Under $300: Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker with Automatic milk frother, BVMC-ECMP1000
- It has a One-Touch-Control-Panel, allowing you to choose single or double servings of espresso, latte ,or cappuccino
- The Automatic Milk Frother is added to froth milk up in beverages of creamy cappuccinos and lattes
- The removable milk reservoir allows easy filling, cleaning and storage
- The cup tray is adjustable to be at proper height for neat demitasse cups to produce big travel mugs
- The Removable Water Reservoir can be filled easily at the sink and is able to include enough water for constant brewing
- The Drip Catcher is a removable and washable, making it possible to accumulate coffee drips and creating easy clean
- The full packages includes: Single Shot Filter, Double Shot Filter, Tamper, Measuring Scoop, Coffee Recipes
Under $400: Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel
- This is a great coffee/espresso maker with the large removable water reservoir of up to 72-ounce, claiming huge beverage produced without many stops to fill in.
- The house is made from stainless-steel
- The including of brass portafilters and grouphead ensures temperature constancy
- It include: 17-1/2-bar pump, hot water dispenser, frothing wand, tamper, measuring scoop.
- It offers stainless-steel filter basket of options: single and double-shot.
- It is measured: 14-1/4x8x9-1/2 inches
- User Manual and Quickstart Guide are included for any issues
Under $700: Capresso 118.05 EC PRO Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
- The espresso maker offers two espresso filters, the first one is for convenience, the other one is for control
- You can choose to brew 1 or 2 espressos at once
- You are allow to free produce barista style espresso with your own technique and preference
- The innovative pump boiler makes sure that the hot water reservoir will be always at perfect level.
- There are 15 bar pump, offering ideal pressure to brew rich crema
Top 5 Popular Espresso Machine On The 2017 – 2018 Market
Under $800: KRUPS XP1000 Steam Espresso Machine with Frothing Nozzle for Cappuccino
- It is an easy to operate and very compact 4-bar steam espresso machine
- The 3-way-switch knob and steam nozzle are available and convenient for easy milk frothing
- The drip tray is removable for easy cleaning
- The safety valve is protected in a cap
- It includes: 4-cup glass carafe; measuring spoon
- It is able to operate at 750 watts and has 2-year worldwide warranty
Under $50: KONA French Press Coffee Tea & Espresso Maker, Black 34oz Teapot ~ Best Present Idea For Gifts
- It offers the simplest way of purifying ever. It allows extracting and brewing ingredients with a single large glass pitcher of 34 oz size ( or 8 Cup, or 1 Liter ) with no ground is remained. It is also designed to be well-matched with a manual coffee grinder to better serve espresso lovers.
- It has a protective design. It has special and good-looking insulated outer shell, bringing a new appearance for the kitchen counter and good machine protection.
- It offers comfortable handle. With durable, sturdy and smart design, the handle claims free flowing and easy pouring to your mug.
- It is an easy-to-clean and dishwasher machine.
Under $500: Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- The maker has Aeroccino Plus milk frother, allowing you to brew hot or cold milk froth with the simplicity of one button touch
- It allows easy capsules insertion and ejection
- It works with capsules of Espresso coffee only
- It is designed with technology of compact brewing unit
- It takes around 25 seconds to preheat and has a pump of 19 bar high pressure
- The water tank is removable and has capacity of 24 ounce
- The cup tray is foldable and able to accommodate tall serving glasses
- The used capsule container is able to hold between 9 and 11 used capsules
- It has 2 programmable buttons: one for Espresso brewing and one for lungo brewing
- It is energy-saving
- It has feature of automatic power off, which acts after 9 minutes of idleness
Under $1000: DeLonghi ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine
- In spite of compact size, this machine offers all the features that a normal full-size automatic maker offers
- The water filtration system gives conveniently used tap water
- It has patented cappuccino system frother, allowing easy latte and cappuccino preparation. It is able to automatically mix steam and milk for rich, creamy froth to always produce perfect drinks
- It is able to save up to 77-percent energy since it uses an energy-saving switch
- The De’Longhi’s specialized call center is always available to provide help with installing and maintaining machine
Under $200: Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
- The machine has accessories single, stainless steel frothing pitcher, dual or pods espresso shots, twofold espresso cups, tamping tool, measuring spoon, and cleaning tool
- It is made from stainless-steel with 15-bar thermoblock pump
- It has a double l filter system to make brilliant crema
- It has froth booster and cup-warming plate
- The water tank is as large as 1-2/7. Also, there is an external water window to let you know the water level in the tank, especially when it is low
- The removable drip tray and frothing jug are also included
- It is measured: 9 x 9 x 12 inches and comes with 1-year warranty
In conclusion, Espresso Machine is really a worth investing item for a better life. With the availability of it in your house, you now can make fresh espresso at the comfort of your house. The process is simple and in short time. However, what item is the best to invest is also an important issue to consider. Keep studying the suggested ideas and the Best espresso machine so that you will get your expected machine.