Best French Press Coffee Maker
French press coffee makers, when being compared with K-Cup, take less effort to brew perfect cups of coffee, but some minutes longer. In spite of this, these coffee makers kinds have made a manual transition to the coffee world. They come with smart automation, which helps to reduce and simplify the brewing process, and then you are allowed to do everything yourself with ease and satisfaction. So if you are a serious coffee drinker and a coffee maker is your most reliable source of caffeine, I highly recommend you investing in a French press coffee maker. You do not know much about this coffee brewing machine and you are wondering which item is the best? So my Best French press coffee maker will be helpful to you. Here I would like to provide you with the most should-be-known information about the French press coffee makers, and top rated machines which are available on the market now as well.
How Is a French Press Maker Different From Other Coffee Makers?
Unlike other coffee makers, French Presses need boiled water to run as they do not have a steamer or heater to do this. The coffee grounds are required to be in perfect size, so you will have to grind coffee beans before starting brewing them. Note that you are not recommended using pre-ground coffee beans as the final taste will be different. Grind enough coffee beans for one time of drinking only. So how to run the machines? Yeah, firstly, take out the plunger from the machine, and directly add a proper amount of coffee ground to the base. Then, carefully reinstall the plunger, pay attention to the filter, make sure that it is in its correct place so that the grounds won’t go up as you press. As your coffee grounds are ready, add the hot water to the press. Wait about 4 minutes for the ground and the hot water to mix together. Close the plunger and add mixed coffee to your cups. If you want, you can add some sugar and cream (at your own desired amount) into your coffee.
French press coffee maker also requires a different cleaning way. The filter needs to be rinsed once you finish pouring the coffee into your cup. The immediate filter cleaning like this is important, otherwise leftover coffee grounds and coffee mix will easily affect the filter, and then change taste and smell of your coffee in the next brewing time. This is different from cleaning other coffee machines- it doesn’t matter to clean filter after breakfast or coffee time. In addition to this, with a French press, you have to unscrew the handle to clean the filter thoroughly. As you unscrew, remember to place parts in certain order for easier reassemble later. The cleaning stainless steel pot requires the same things and procedures.
The Taste Of The Coffee
It is suggested that French Press coffee maker is able to offer the most flavorful coffee compared to other brewers do. Simply put the coffee sediments or coffee powder which has just been grinded before, at the bottom of your cup before taking the first sip. As the grounds settle down, they will infuse heavy and rich coffee flavor into water. The longer the grounds infuse coffee flavor, the better the taste will be. It is also important to remove the used grounds immediately after brewing and never think of using it again for the rich taste. Trust to say, French press is famous for its intense as well as flavorful coffee, which is much better than the normal coffee tastes. So if you are addicted to strong coffee taste, this is the best coffee brewer option.
What To Consider When It Comes To Buying A French Press Coffee Maker?
There are some important points that you need to keep in mind for the most suitable French Press Coffee Maker in the end. And here they are!
The Cheapest One Doesn’t Mean The Most Money-Saving Way
This is my own experience after choosing the cheapest drip coffee machine and espresso machine to buy. Similarly, French press can be made either of metal or glass- it will be in cheaper price but a pretty fragile tool. So if you are a new users, you had better say no with cheaper and pretty fragile tools.
The Most Expensive One Doesn’t Mean The Best One
If you cannot afford for a very expensive French Press Coffee Maker, do not manage to buy it by all means. Let’s choose the item which can satisfy your needs and reasonable to your budget. And it is recommended picking the middle ground. They are affordable while working fine. If you still want the Cadillac, then look for coupons or wait for a sale-on opportunity.
Consider Product Real Users’ Reviews
Former users’ reviews are one of the most reliable source of information when it comes to investing an new product. For the best result, do not read the rating only, read the ideas and experiences the users share about the product, the sides at which the product is good at and bad at as well. Sometimes, the features that others don’t like are what you are looking for… So read them all, the good and bad review.
Metal Or Plastic Frame
Mental frame seems to be more preferable for it is supposed to be stronger and in higher-quality. But you are careful enough and you do not plan to put the machines in the areas of much other equipment around, you may prefer plastic fame for it is better looking.
Actually, you are advised not to pay too much attention to the information of ‘cup size’ listed, instead of this, let’s consider the ounces that the machine is able to hold. Some users share that they find nothing to do with the cup measurements listed in their French press.
This is a favorite feature to many users as it contributes to easier cleaning. However, such glass carafes are in higher risk of getting broken, so think carefully!
This is common issues to this coffee maker type. So to minimize the risk of it, seek a lid with a strong seal. You can check it out. Check the seal and consider its matching with carafe to make sure that there won’t be any coffee spilled all over your counter.
Washing With Dishwasher Allowance
Ask yourself whether cleaning the machine with dishwasher matter with you? As there are some items which are dishwasher-safe while others are not. So be sure about this then read through the product specifications.
Similarly to fragility, this is a big concern. As I mentioned earlier, French Presses requires you to boil the water for brewing and in the end, the coffee is warm or not depends on whether or not your container is able to retain that heat. However, this is only matter when you plan to bring coffee to working place, requiring long waiting time.
All Stainless-Steel Models Or All Plastic Models?
This is a big consideration. Most people seem to support stainless steel models because of their retention ability and durability as well. However, they are not designed with neat windows for you to check the brewing and they require big amount. All plastic models, on the other hand, are not as durable as the stainless still ones, but in lower price point.
TOP 10 Best French Press Coffee Maker On The 2018 Market
There have been a number of French presses available on the market now. And below are top 10 best items. Keep these honest French press reviews to be clear about each of them, and eventually, make the wise investment.
Under $50: KONA French Press Coffee Tea & Espresso Maker, Black 34oz Teapot
- Extracting way. The brewing system comes with simple and absolute extraction. It is able to extract essential oils from any big and large tea leaves and coffee beans and brew the oil into a single large 3 oz size ( equal 8 Cup or 1 Liter). The resulting drink is in rich gourmet taste and comes with no grounds or tea. You can use it together with a manual coffee grinder for great espresso. It is an ideal birthday present for both men and women.
- Protective design. The unit has a special and charming insulated outer shell, which helps to not only beautify your kitchen counter but also protects your glass coffee pot from dust and cracks.
- Comfortable handle. The built-in handle is long-lasting and strong. It is smartly-designed, contributing to a free flowing and easy pouring to your mug.
- Easy cleaning. Cleaning the machine is so simple and easy as it is dishwasher-safe. Plus, the stainless steel filter screen is removable, allowing you do cleaning with ease and simplicity of a quick and easy press
- Finally, it is perfect gift for any man and women, both those who addicted to coffee or those who are not. They will find drinking coffee great after discovering this excellent machine.
SterlingPro French Coffee Press –8 Cup/4 Mug (1 liter, 34 oz)
A dual screen filter- no more grounds
Rather than a single scree filter that most of coffee makers introduce, The Sterling Pro offers dual screen one. So how this difference works? Ok, this new screen type claims no coffee grinds in your machine. Actually, coffee grinds is one of the main reasons for which users choose to make their coffee on their own, instead of using a French pot. And with The Sterling Pro, this issue has been solved. So you now can free try a finer grind with your coffee without worrying about coffee grounds. Plus, a grind claims a shorter steeping time, which any coffee brewers and drinkers want.
Heat-resistant glass – more durable machine
The Sterling Pro is made with heat resistant glass, making it more impressive among users. This feature claims both a longer lasting life and safe use when it comes to use a coffee maker. Users of other coffee maker models informed that as the machine gets older, used and washed, their normal glass starts to weaken and eventually gets broken. But this rarely happens to Sterling Pro. And if you are careful to handle the machine, it can even work for you forever.
Low price – it is not expensive at all
Many users express their surprise when looking at the Sterling Pro’s price. It is not as expensive as they think. In addition, it offers two free replacement screens
Apart from durability, this brewer model claims to be the safeties item on the market. It has a plastic lining securely sealing the coffee inside the brewing chamber. Also, that plastic lining eliminates the risk of getting burned while brewing. If you are a French press owner, you may know how hot the lid can be and if you are not careful enough, you will easily literally burn yourself. And it is this improvement that protects the metal lid from the hot content of the beaker.
Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black
- This is a 8-cup, 34-ounce French Press and able to serve 2-3 at once and each cup is 4-ounce
- The Carafe is built with long lasting and heat-resistant borosilicate glass
- The handle and base are BPA free plastic
- It is safe to wash with dishwasher
- The 3-part stainless steel mesh filter claims to extract the coffee’s aromatic oils in the best way and with the best result and subtle flavors
Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker 18/10 Bonus Stainless Steel Screen (1000ML)
- This awesome Secura stainless steel French Press is made of high-quality 18/10 stainless steel, for both internal and external sides. And it is said to be much more durable compared to other coffee maker
- It has 3-layered stainless steel filter construction, which helps to pick up even the very tiny coffee grounds to offer an outstanding full-bodied flavor
- It offers a bonus of a Stainless Steel Screen. The Filter screen is neat to store and easy to clean. You can together use two at once for more refined coffee taste
- It offers great touch handle and knob for easy and safe pouring
- It is able to contain 34 OUNCE/ 1000ML
- It is totally dishwasher safe
French Press 36 Ounce Coffeemaker by Ritual with Thick Professional Grade All Glass Body and Handle, Zinc Lid, and Silicone Heat Resistant Base
- French Press 36 Ounce Coffeemaker is designed with solid glass. This glass is professional-grade and sturdy, claiming to be amazingly-durable
- It has attractive design. The machine has all-glass body, which is designed in classic way, allowing you to see the whole brewing process and make necessary adjustment for desired coffee in the end
- It claims to always offer pure coffee. This is thanks to the specific filter made by coffee press masters for smooth coffee without the grounds
- It has a stable operation. The including of a 400 degree heat resistant silicone base helps to protect your table and offer a gentle and spill-resistant landing
- It offers a lifetime guarantee. The classic professional design guarantees to serve you during the rest of your life and of course, always in good way
VonShef Double-Wall Keep Warm Satin Brushed Stainless Steel French Press Cafetiere Coffee Filter(8 Cup w/ Measuring Spoon and Sealing Clip). Available in sizes 3, 6 and 8 Cup
- The VonShef cafetiere is designed with top-quality satin brushed stainless steel
- It has a double-wall to make sure that the outside will not become too hot
- You are allowed to brew nice fresh coffee from ground whole beans
- It has a stainless steel plunger to eradicate the ground coffee out of your drink
- It is totally dishwasher Safe
Under $100: SterlingPro Double Wall Stainless Steel French Coffee Press, 1 Liter
SterlingPro claims to make the finest tasting coffee.
- It is designed with high-quality stainless steel for both internal and external sides
- It comes with double-wall construction, helping to keep your drink warm longer
- It is a perfect present for any tea or coffee lovers
- It has a finish of minor designed stylishly, making your kitchen and office more attractive
- It is the first French press which uses Double Screens System, so it is much better at taking grounds out of your coffee than other machines, resulting in an amazingly smooth coffee
- Last but not least, it is now rated to be the best seller item and the most desired coffee maker on the market
- The instructions are also included
Frieling Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel French Press in Frustration Free Packaging, 36 Ounce
- Purse taste coffee: This French press working way promises to offer fresh and bold tasting coffee with special flavor
- Reliable feature: The producer introduces two great design options for you to choose from: an external mirror finish with an internal brushed finish or an external and internal brushed finish. Both of them claim to offer you nice tasting coffee within minutes
- Long lasting life: The unit is designed with long-lasting 18/10 stainless steel, making sure that the product can work fine even after long time of being used. The plunger mechanism is also made from stainless steel. And if you need, replacement parts are always available
- Amazing heat retention: Thanks to its special double-wall insulation,t he product is able to keep heat as four times longer as glass
- Maintain your drink at its best condition: rather than make and keep coffee, this French Press can be used to make other drink. You can brew loose tea or even cold beverages such as ice tea, water, milk, and juice. And no matter what your drink is, I mean it is cold or hot, this French Press can still maintain its flavor and hotness or warmness
- Easy and fast operation: the unit is easy to use. Just fill in ground coffee and hot water, insert the lid on top and steep (about 4 minutes), and finally gently press the plunger down. The coffee is now ready to serve.
- Dishwasher safe: This brewing system is completely dishwasher safe. So your cleaning has never been so simple like this. Plus, there is no need to take out the plunger
Bodum 1308-16 Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot
- It is a 8-cup thermal press pot brews coffee or tea
- It is able to keep the drink hot within up to 2 hours
- It has a dual-walled stainless-steel structure with polished finish
- The fine mesh filter in the 3-part stainless-steel plunger claims a flavorful brew
- It has a large handle and twist-shut lid
- It is dishwasher-safe
- The measuring spoon and guides are also included
- It is measured 5-2/7 x 6-8/9 x 8-1/2 inches
MIRA Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Tea Brewer Double Wall 1 Liter 34 Ounces (Coffee Press Pot, Cafetiere)
- It is able to produce excellent coffee
- It is made with high-quality material, yeah, 18/10 stainless steel
- It comes with an efficient filter system
- It has a double-wall structure
- It is a perfect gift for any man and women who are tea or coffee lovers
Common Mistakes When It Comes To Brewing Coffee With A French Press And How To Solve Them
Do Not Properly Grind The Beans
As mentioned earlier, grinding is an important process when making coffee with a French Press. This will decide whether or not your beans will have coarse or even grounds and whether or not your coffee will be fine. You want freshly ground beans, right? So never forget to grind them.
The best time to check the grounds is when you press the filter down. If you have some difficulty in pressing the filter down, the grounds are too fine. In contrast, if you can press the filter down easily with no resistance, then the grounds are too coarse.
Add Improper Coffee Quantity
One of the secrets to have fine coffee with French press is to base on the ratio between the coffee and water, and as you are extracting, the time length is also important. The general rule for good coffee with French press coffee is in the range of 1:10 coffee-to-water ratio, which means that 1 gram of coffee needs 10 grams of water. This ratio can a bit vary, but as I see 1:10 is good, also the number is easy to remember and do necessary calculation.
Leave The Coffee In The Pot After Pressing
If you let your recently-brewed coffee in the brewer, you are intentionally make your coffee over-extracted as the plunger continues brewing although you’ve pushed it down the plunger. So to make sure that you are drinking coffee in right way, calculate to brew the exact coffee amount that you want to drink. In case you want more than one cup but you do not have enough time to wait for the second round, you should brew a big one, then immediately add the leftover coffee into a thermos or carafe and finally plunge. By this way, your coffee will stay warm for your refill.
In short, French Press Coffee Maker is a worth checking product. In general, they all claim to offer fine coffee. Plus, they are strong and durable enough to serve your daily use. Apart from those, each machine has its own special characters to best meet your different demands. So to your own condition, what is an ideal coffee maker? Let’s consider carefully and quickly order a French Press, you will never feel regret such investing.