Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Review
Have you ever heard about a great coffee maker named Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black? Are you curious to learn about it? My complete review today will draw you a clear picture about this excellent item.
What is exactly Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black?
This is a special coffee maker which is classically designed with stainless steel, making sure to offer a remarkable point for your countertop. In term of performance, it is able to brew up to 12 cups each brewing. Plus, the ergonomic handle, along with dripless spout claims an easy and drip-free pouring. This machine is completely automatic. You can set to have it worked automatically within 24 hours to make 1 to 4 brewings, irrespectively of how many cups do you want. Amazingly, it has the Brew Pause feature, which allows you to pour a cup before the brewing is completed, and at the same time the gold tone coffee filter and charcoal water filter work to give you fresh and nice- tasting coffee.
What to make a Perfect Cup of Coffee?
To have a perfect cup of coffee with this powerful Cuisinart DCC-1100BK, you need to have the 4 following things made perfect.
98% of coffee is water, you know? So water’s quality is the key factor determining the quality of the coffee. If your water is not nice enough, your coffee will be, either. And this is the reason why this exceptional is designed with a water filter
Although water accounts for 98% of the coffee, most of the coffee flavor is from the coffee. So to make sure that your coffee is as good as that at the coffee bar, the bean you use needs to be at the same quality. Purchase the whole and fresh beans as their fresh is at maximum level within about 2 weeks and they will easily and quickly deliver their flavor once they are broken. You can purchase a great number of beans and then separate them into brewing and finally protect them into airtight containers. Make sure that the beans are not exposing to the air, light or moisture, or it will lose freshness soon. Do not worry about adding the whole beans to the Cuisinart DCC-1100BK as the machine itself can process the ingredients to finish nice-tasting drink.
The grind is the key factor determining the flavor extraction. If it is proper, the flavor extraction will be proper as well. If it is too fine, it will lead to over extraction and bitterness, and clog the filter as well. Similarly, if the grind is still rough, it will make the water pass through too quickly and of course you cannot get your desired flavors. After all, you should consider a medium-fine grind.
Each cup of coffee brewed by Cuisinart coffeemaker contains 5 ounce of content. So note this to pour a proper proportion of ground coffee which is equivalent to your intended numbers of cups. Speaking about the amount of coffee to add, there are some different ideas. Most coffee bars suggest adding 2 tablespoons of coffee each ounces of water while some coffee manufactures assume that 1 tablespoon per cup is enough. And Cuisinart recommends adding 1 tablespoon o per cup also, but in the end, how much to add much depends on you, I mean your own taste. However, note that a 12-cup coffee maker can contain 15 tablespoons of ground coffee for the maximum amount. If the amount is over the maximum capacity, overflow can happen as a result.
What are the main features?
Rather than good quality, Cuisinart Classic 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker can also satisfy you in term of aesthetic. It will be an amazing item to add in your kitchen, thanks to both great performance and good-looking appearance. And below is a quick look at the outstanding features coming with the machine.
- The Reservoir Cover is designed to flips back for easier filling
- The water reservoir can be opened easily by pulling the cover up, then add your wanted amount of water into the reservoir, paying attention to the water level indicator at the rear of the part for proper adding
- The showerhead allows the water to flow over the coffee evenly, which helps to minimize the temperature loss
- The water filter comes with a charcoal water filter, which allows removing every calcium, chlorine, as well as bad tastes out of the tap water. Cuisinart advises to change the water filter every two months or or after 60 using times, even more frequently if you use hard water to brew coffee
- The filter basket is able to include a paper or a permanent filter
- The LCD digital clock lets you know the time and set automatic brewing as well
- The function knob is there to help you start automatic features, including auto on/off, brew, program, and lock and Brew. In more detail, the auto on feature allows you to set the starting time of brewing cycle. You can set for any time you want, whatever day or night. And the PM indicator is specially designed for nighttime program. On the other hand, the the Auto Off feature, as its name, is used to shut off your machine at the time you set before, ranging between 0 and 4 hours. To have the machine shut off automatically, check the detailed instruction coming with the machine when you buying it
- The 1-4 cup setting allows you to brew smaller cups if you want. It is available with a double water heating, then the coffee is claimed to be piping hot
- The clean setting alerts you the time to clean the machine. Cleaning is simple remove the mineral deposits stick to the machine as the time passes. Detailed instruction on how to clean the machine, please refer to instruction manual attached to the brewer
- The brewing pause function works to stop the coffee flow once you remove the carafe from the heater plate so that the cup will be poured at mid-process. Because the flavor extraction mechanism instantly changes as the brewing cycle, you had better wait until the cycle finish to add the coffee. The coffee brewed at the beginning of the cycle is different from that brewed at the end. Once the coffee has completely brewed, stir it, then mix the flavors. And as you enjoy, you will easily find the coffee at the bottom is somehow stronger than that at the top
- The carafe is easy to add water with no drip. It is able to contain 12 cups of content at once. It includes an ergonomic handle along with markings for you to choose to brew between two and twelve cups
- The heating plate comes with a Scratch resistant with a black and nonstick coating
- The ready tone gives you signals that the brewing cycle finishes with five beeps. Note that the coffee continues streaming from the filter some seconds after the beeps
- The power loss back-up system makes sure that your machine still stays safe when some incidents like power failure, broken trips, happen. It claims to restore the programmed details, such as the time, auto on time as well as auto off time
What are the pros?
This Cuisinart dcc-1100bk provides pros in almost every aspect, including:
It looks stylist in black and silver and measured properly with the dimensions: 8 x 14.2 x 8.1 inches. It is 7 pounds in weight.
The package is full of vital accessories, including charcoal water and permanent gold water filter, measuring scoop, and a guide book.
The carafe is made of stainless steel, claiming that the coffee will stay fresh and hot in spite of long after brewing time.
This great Cuisinart dcc-1100bk claims to offer nice tasting coffee. Fresh, hot, and delicious coffee is always available for you.
This brewer is so simple to operate, regardless of running or cleaning process.
What are the Cons?
The two cons about this machine is that its the pouring area is small and its clock doesn’t light up to send signals. However, this issues you can resolved yourself, the most important thing is the quality and it is available in the machine. So don’t worry.
After all, Cuisinart DCC-1100BK 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black is a worth investing coffee maker. Not only is it easy and convenient to use, it offers great performance and delicious coffee. So what more are you waiting for? Make an order to ring this excellent brewer to your house right now.